Saturday, June 14, 2008

A CALL TO ARMS IN THE AGE OF CHAOS


I will win the night and rule the dawn

And be the hero of my creation

And raise the banners of my invention

Come whomever and come whom may

I walk on my own.

I no longer hoped to be followed or led


In an age of deception, riddled with delusion, led,

the child of truth becomes an orphan at the dawn

The ones who will lead you are the ones to deceive your own

And the power of charm wields the yoke of hatred's creation

You can dance and chant however you may

For the seeds of deceit were your own invention.


I looked to my left for armies of angels' invention

I looked to my right for the help that the darkness led

But the angels had fallen, blizzards of feathers in May

And the darkness swallowed its forces in fear with the dawn

So I chose the present to make the future my creation

And make the destiny I wish my own


This fight is within you and about you; a battle your own

No political sorcerers will have an invention

No journalistic magi can forge a creation

That will guide you to a promised land, mystically led

As the world spins and revolves, dusk till dawn

Only you will make it what you may


Better to beg forgiveness than plead, "If I may?"

You may have hocked it, but your soul is still your own

Now what will you do at this breaking of the dawn?

Get high on a placebo of your invention?

Hope for change from a sorcerer by whom you'll be led?

Or make real change your inner and outer creation?


Go to it yourself and be that creation

Fight aside whatever dark forces you may

Tell they who rule information you shall not be led

Tell they who rule government that freedom is your own

Let the world know that liberty is each person's invention

And usher in the real age of democracy's dawn


We walk to battle, not led, spirit's new creation

We smile at the dawn, happy few who fight as they may

We chose on our own and the future will hail our invention

No comments: